Glenn van Gulik
Those who invest their hearts, time, families, and finances in the building of a local church deserve to have confidence in church leadership. People are looking for leaders who conduct themselves with integrity and respect when making decisions that affect their lives.
Majors James and Michelle Mercer
As the Salvation Army Officers appointed to Barrhaven Church, Majors James (Jim) and Michelle Mercer oversee the day-to-day ministry and operations of the church, and are responsible for the development of the spiritual life of the church.
Major James Mercer
Major Michelle Mercer
Our Mission Board is responsible for establishing the mission, vision, goals and strategies of The Salvation Army Barrhaven Church, in consultation with the entire leadership team.
Members of the Mission Board meet monthly to review and evaluate the overall mission and ministries of The Salvation Army Barrhaven Church, support and work alongside program leaders, and provide significant oversight to the varied ministries and personnel resources.
- Maj. Jim Mercer
- Maj. Michelle Mercer
- Joan Humphreys, CSM (Corps Sergeant Major)
- Harold Humber, Business Team
- Diane Robinson (Member at Large)
- Bob Samways (Member at Large)
- Bram Dean (Member at Large)
- Joan Humphreys, Director
- Alice Latham, Greeters
- Ruth Hupe, Prayer
- Kathie Samways, Shepherding
- Stephan Savage, Small Groups
- Dana van Gulik, Sunday School
- Gerry Merkel, Music
- Maj. Michelle Mercer, Women’s Ministries
- Sharon Dean, Community Care Ministries and Seniors
- Maj. Jim Mercer
- Harold Humber, Director
- Glenn van Gulik, Marketing, Communications and Fundraising
- Bill Blundell, Property
- Bill Titcombe, Administration
- Glen Robinson, New Property and Facilities