Those who invest their hearts, time, families, and finances in the building of a local church deserve to have confidence in church leadership. People are looking for leaders who conduct themselves with integrity and respect when making decisions that affect their lives.
Corps Officers / Pastors
Majors James and Michelle Mercer
As the Salvation Army Officers appointed to Barrhaven Church, Majors James (Jim) and Michelle Mercer oversee the day-to-day ministry and operations of the church, and are responsible for the development of the spiritual life of the church.
Major James Mercer
Major Michelle Mercer
Our Mission Board is responsible for establishing the mission, vision, goals and strategies of The Salvation Army Barrhaven Church, in consultation with the entire leadership team.
Members of the Mission Board meet monthly to review and evaluate the overall mission and ministries of The Salvation Army Barrhaven Church, support and work alongside program leaders, and provide significant oversight to the varied ministries and personnel resources.
- Maj. Jim Mercer
- Maj. Michelle Mercer
- Joan Humphreys – CSM (Corps Sergeant Major), Pastoral Team
- Harold Humber – Treasurer, Business Team
- Dana van Gulik – Program Team
- Peter van Gulik – Member at Large
- Gloria Bursey – Member at Large
- Bram Dean – Member at Large
- Joan Humphreys – Director
- Ruth Hupe – Prayer
- Alice Grandy-Latham – Greeters
- Kathie Samways – Shepherding
- Donna van Gulik – Life Groups
- Dana van Gulik – Director
- Maj. Michelle Mercer – Women’s Ministries
- Emily Gaus – Sunday School
- Melissa Gaus – Music Ministries
- Sharon Dean – Community Care Ministries and Seniors
- Andra Bursey – Alpha
- Maj. Jim Mercer
- Harold Humber – Director, Finance
- Bill Blundell – Property Maintenance
- Glen Robinson – New Property
- Phil Woolsey – Assistant Treasurer
- Bill Titcombe – Member at Large